Monday, March 19, 2012

Oklahoma 3/17-3/18

"OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, When the wind comes right behind the rain"





This was just a short trip to see a dear old sorority sister, Mrs. No Gallbladder (Amanda had hers removed in college) whom I hadn't seen in almost three years. We were not only sorority sisters but we were also room mates our Junior & Senior years. Funny back story........ Junior year we decided to room with 2 other sorority sisters at the time, in a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom college apartments called Sun Watcher Square. I didn't really know MNG all that well because we ran in different cliques in sorority at the time. I was taking summer classes so I was able to move in a bit earlier and the room originally assigned to me was not to my liking. Soooo, I took MNG's because I liked it better (I know....I'm such a brat). She moved in a few days after I did and I had already settled in.....conversation happened like this:

MNG: "Hey.....ummm.......you know you are in my room, right?"
Me: "Yeah, I know. I took it"
MNG: "Uh.................*silence* ok"

Now mind you, MNG is 6 feet tall and has a pretty intimidating scowl and could have probably easily squished me like a bug. That move was pretty terrible, I know. I wonder how I have friends sometimes. Anyways, even after bullying my new roomie and stealing her room, we became best buds. (I later made up for it by giving her the bigger master bed room in our apt our Sr year).

Anyways, she was there to celebrate her Mother's 50th B-day and asked me to come on up to play.  Took about 3 hours to make the drive to OKC where I got to catch up with MNG. Did some shopping at the outlet malls (found a super hot dress for Vegas at BCBG!!!) and ate at some hole in the wall Mexican joint that had the best freaking sopapillas!!!! Mouth O!!! We hit up Bricktown (OKC hotspot) for some St. Patty's day fun. Chilled, listened to a mediocre cover band and watched the drunken idiots make asses of themselves. Apparently, St. Patty's is the spring "Halloween" where it is acceptable to wear lingerie as outerwear. Ugh.......I'm getting old and (more) ornery. Later that night we hit up OKC Cowboy with her mom and her group of best friends. Can I tell you they were a freaking riot? I haven't been to a country bar in ages........$4.25 for a double top shelf vodka and soda & quarter beers......WINNING! Duh. That tab was awesome........reminded me back of good 'ole college prices. After a while we got hungry and decided that Taco C sounded a lot more appealing than the bar and grabbed some dirty (but tasty) fast food across the street. Great quick weekend trip to see a great friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment